After seeming like we’d never hear about it again, Lighthouse Point, located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas is confirmed to be welcoming guests aboard select voyages on the Disney Cruise Line starting Summer 2024.
Much like Disney’s cruise ships and private island of Castaway Cay, Lighthouse Point will offer activities and areas for every age group and promises a thoughtfully-designed destination that is respectful to conservation and appreciative of local culture.
Here’s some details about the new property, courtesy of Disney.
- Lighthouse Point will feature sweeping architecture in bright, saturated hues inspired by nature and created in partnership with local artists.
- Curvilinear buildings will at first appear as Bahamian shells scattered along the shoreline.
- Upon closer inspection around the entire property, guests will discover artistic expressions of the native flora and fauna of The Bahamas and the pageantry and history of Junkanoo parades.
- References to playful folklore characters will evoke the warmth and charm of the local culture.
- An onsite solar array will provide at least 90 percent of the destination’s electricity needs.
- The pier was designed to avoid the need for dredging and elevated walkways will help limit impact on the landscape
What to Expect
- Disney’s new island destination is being thoughtfully designed to provide a hassle-free experience for families, including complimentary beach essentials (towels, chairs and umbrellas and lunch) and convenient tram transportation.
- Families can relax and play along white sandy beaches and turquoise waters at the expansive family beachon the east side of the island, which will be centrally located near market-style dining, recreation and other amenities.
- A Bahamian art and culture pavilion featuring special programs and local artists will provide visitors to Lighthouse Point opportunities to learn and celebrate the traditions and natural beauty of The Bahamas.
- A brightly-colored, interactive family water play area will include two slides, water drums, fountains and more, along with a dedicated space for toddlers.
- Additional recreational activities will be available for kids and kids-at-heart, including a covered gaming pavilion; a volleyball court and gaga ball pit; watercraft and bicycle rentals; nature trails for hiking and biking; and more.
- North of the family area will be an adult-exclusive beach — a glorious stretch of sun-drenched serenity complete with a dedicated dining area for convenient access to food and drinks throughout the day, plus six private cabanas available by reservation.
- Children ages 3 to 12 will splash and play at a themed kids’ club under the care of highly-trained Disney Cruise Line counselors. It will include a splash pad inspired by favorite undersea creatures from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Little Mermaid,” plenty of shade and a dedicated dining area.
- Set away from the activity of the main family area, a peaceful beach along the south-western shore will be lined with 20 premium family cabanas available to rent, including four double cabanas that accommodate larger groups and offer massage services.
- Visitors to Lighthouse Point will have the opportunity to be surrounded by the wonders of nature and get a glimpse into the efforts taking place to conserve wildlife and their unique island habitats.
- A collection of new Port Adventures developed in partnership with local tour operators will take guests beyond Lighthouse Point to explore the rich culture and breathtaking beauty of Eleuthera.
See it for Yourself
Lighthouse Point will open for guests on select sailings in Summer 2024. Details on inaugural itineraries and additional information about signature entertainment, dining, retail and excursions will be released at a later date.