Next month, Disneyland fan-favorite French Market and the Mint Julep Bar will both be closing to make way for a refreshed theme as Tiana’s Palace restaurant. The move joins recently opened Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets and Tiana’s Bayou Adventure retheme of Splash Mountain.
Beginning February 17, 2023 both French Market Restaurant (and adjacent Mint Julep Bar) will be closed to make way for a reimagined dining experience as Tiana’s Palace which is expected to open later this year. Meanwhile, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is set to open at some point next year.
Here’s some of the details announced for the refreshed space:
- It will remain quick-service style restaurant. While Tiana’s Palace is not a character dining location, guests may find Tiana in New Orleans Square.
- Within its peach-colored walls and fancy green wrought-iron balconies, you’ll find elegant fixtures and appointments reminiscent of Tiana’s life and friendships.
- It will have the same pinch of pizzazz and flair as the restaurant from the film, offering authentic New Orleans flavors inspired by Tiana’s friends and adventures
- The menu at Tiana’s Palace will expand on many of the current favorites served in the location, explore seasonal flavors and offer New Orleans classics.
- According to Disney, film designers for THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG took inspiration from the exterior of the original French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square when designing Tiana’s Palace for the movie, so this is a long-dreamt homecoming.
See it for Yourself
Tiana’s Palace restaurant opens at Disneyland this year. An exact opening date has not yet been announced. French Market Restaurant (and adjacent Mint Julep Bar) will be closed beginning February 17, 2023.