In a move that we’ve secretly been hoping for for quite some time, the world of BIG HERO 6 is coming to Disney California Adventure in a pretty big way. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro confirmed during the D23 Expo that Pacific Wharf will be reimagined as San Fransokyo from the Oscar-winning Disney Animation franchise.
Announced during the panel was a dedicated meet an greet for Baymax plus new dining and shopping opportunities. Although no further details were confirmed, the concept art reveals some fun looks at what they might have locked in for the revamp. Here’s a look at what we’re seeing in the concept art.
- San Fransokyo Square appears to be the new name of the land currently known as Pacific Wharf
- The Japenese-inspired Golden Gate Bridge from the film will be added to the existing suspension bridge
- Lucky Cat Cafe will be the new name for the current Pacific Wharf Cafe (maybe Aunt Cass opened up a second location?)
- Port of San Fransokyo Cerveceria appears to be a new bar and/or beer vending location, the popular Cocina Cucamonga appears to remain in tact
- Lanterns strung throughout the area will feature Baymax’s face
See it for Yourself
No details were given on when the transformation would begin construction or be completed.
But Wait, There’s More!
MouseInfo coverage of D23 Expo 2022 spans the entire weekend’s offerings! Stay up to date with all of our #D23Expo content below and don’t forget to follow us on TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!