Southern California has yet another new drive-thru option for the holidays with the MAGIC OF LIGHTS light display now open at Angels Stadium. This traveling holiday light event has been displayed in numerous cities across America and is now ready to shine for the event’s first time in Southern California.
MouseInfo was invited to to the opening night for a look the setup which includes band-new displays including a “Prehistoric Christmas” and a seemingly fitting “BigFoot Monster Trucks” display (as Monster Jam is featured here annually). I must say, very quirky but also not very Christmas-y, but I digress.
Those familiar with large holiday light displays of OC and frequent certain local theme park attractions may find this event to be a bit more quaint by comparison. But if you and your crew are looking something a little different and prefer staying in your car away from a crowded hustle and bustle, this event is priced attractively at $25 per car regardless of the number of occupants.
Event Fun Facts
- 2+ million lights per MAGIC OF LIGHTS event
- 6 miles of light cord per Magic of Lights event
- 3,750 manhours to set up each Magic of Lights event
- The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show’s giant winter holiday scenes.
- Each frame of each scene is designed using the latest CAD technology and hand built in-house from 15 pages of design specifications each.
- Each MAGIC OF LIGHTS show uses about 10 miles of steel to build the displays and 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, there are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
- Scenes are as high as 32 ft tall and as long as several hundred feet.
See it for Yourself
MAGIC OF LIGHTS shines daily from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. beginning Friday, Nov. 19 through Sunday, Dec. 26.
Tickets for this festive holiday event are on sale now and can be purchased for an assigned date starting at just $25 per vehicle. Tickets must be purchased online in advance and will not be available for purchase at the gate.