Earlier this year, Disney nixed its popular FASTPASS (and MaxPass) ride reservation programs and in their place will be the upcoming, extra-cost, Disney Genie+. While the new system will be ready in Florida starting October 19, 2021, the west coast version still does not have an official launch date.
Although the original Happiest Place on Earth in California doesn’t have an official start just yet, we DO now have pricing and attraction availability!
Not to be confused with the new complimentary Disney Genie planning and itinerary service coming coming to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort mobile apps, the new Disney Genie+ will be an upcharge option in the service specifically focused on boarding attractions quicker.
Here’s a look at what we know so far…
PRICE: Varies by date, attractions, and park. Details coming soon.
WHAT: Former FastPass queues are now “Lightning Lanes” and you will use them just like before with your Lightning Lane reservation
HOW: Choose a return time for up to 2 attractions / experiences with minimal wait using the Lightning Lane entrance
PRICE: $20 per day, per ticket at Disneyland Resort ($15 at Walt Disney World Resort)
WHAT: Experience multiple attractions with minimal wait through Lightning Lanes. Additional extras will be available that vary between coasts.
HOW: Make selections, one at a time, throughout the day for minimal waits with Lightning Lane entrance
Included in Genie+ Price:
The following attractions will be available at launch.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disney California Adventure Park
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Toy Story Midway Mania
Additional Cost on top of Genie+ Price:
At launch, the following “a la carte” add-ons to Genie+ will be offered for an additional cost.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Disney California Adventure Park
- Radiator Springs Racers
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Important to Know
- Attraction availability may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time of purchase
- Availability is limited, just like with FASTPASS, and thus subject to unavailability, even if you’re paying for the service. Availability can change throughout the day
- Lightning Lane across both theme parks is possible for those with Park Hopper tickets (or Magic Key).
- Digital forward, the new system will serve its primary function via the Disneyland app, FastPass machines were all removed around the parks earlier this year.
- Traditional standby queue, (or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance) are still available
What about DAS (Disability Access Service)?
Disney is also making enhancements to the DAS program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select attractions directly in the app. These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.