Amidst concerns of over-crowding from high seasonal demand during the holidays, it seems Walt Disney World is confident it can pull of a safe and successful holiday season this year as they confirmed a “twinkle” of the Disney Holidays coming from November 6 – December 30 2020.
Current health and safety measures will remain in place as Disney moves forward with a holiday season that will be its most different to date.
What to Expect
All across Walt Disney World Resort, expect to find:
- Festive décor
- Themed merchandise
- Seasonal food & beverage offerings
- Cinderella Castle will be transformed each night with a rotating series of designs via special projection effects including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation
- Character cavalcades at Magic Kingdom Park will take on a special holiday twist, with Christmas friends on festive floats in their holiday finest
- The Toy Soldiers will join the Main Street Philharmonic as they march through Magic Kingdom Park, bringing musical holiday cheer for all to hear
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Guests will be delighted by the sight of festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Holiday promenades at EPCOT
- Holiday kitchens will return Nov. 27 around World Showcase promenade to celebrate highlights from the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. Expect favorites like American Holiday Table featuring Slow-roasted Turkey with Stuffing and Bavaria Holiday Kitchen with dishes like Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl
- World ShowPlace will efature returning group, JOYFUL! to present a journey through R&B, Gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas and holiday music.
- Voices of Liberty will bring their incredible 8-part harmonies to the America Gardens Theatre stage for a special concert of favorite carols and songs of the season.
- Merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Minnie Mouse will be hosting a yuletide gathering for all her friends at Hollywood & Vine — Santa Goofy will be there, along with Minnie and more in their holiday best
At Disney Springs
- Holiday magic will be in full force at the four theme parks and Disney Springs, and Santa Claus will make time for special pop-up appearances at each location, waving and exclaiming holiday wishes to all
- Magical snowfall in the evening at Town Center, West Side and The Landing
Disney Christmas trees spread throughout
- Jock Lindsey will once again be turning his hangar bar into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar complete with delightful holiday décor and a delicious limited-time menu filled with festive favorites.
At the Resort Hotels
Disney Resort hotels will also be decked out for the holidays, with their lobbies featuring iconic trees and other festive flourishes.
Not Returning This Year
Holiday experiences that draw big crowds will be on hiatus this year including:
- Castle Dream Lights at Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
- Candlelight Processional at EPCOT
- Gingerbread displays at the Resort hotels
See it for Yourself
Disney Holidays at Walt Disney World begin November 6, 2020.