Ahead of the highly-anticipated opening of STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE, Disney Parks are introducing a bunch of new policies that should hopefully help ease pain points once crowds ascend to check out all the new offerings this year.
On Disney’s sights for this round of policy change: Smoking, Strollers, Ice, and Parking….
At Disneyland Resort
Pixar Pals Parking Structure
We have a name for the new structure at Mickey and Friends and it’s called Pixar Pals.
- WHEN: July 2019
- WHAT: 5,000 new parking spots to open up
- FEATURES: Electronic parking system to identify available parking spots
- THEME: Pixar Pals, as its name implies. Expect, in order of Level: INCREDIBLES, COCO, CARS, MONSTERS INC., FINDING NEMO, and INSIDE OUT
Toy Story Parking Lot
Changes coming here as well as Cast Member lot is seemingly removed (possibly relocated to Mickey and Friends?)
- 2,000 additional spots to open
- Additional entrance(s) than just the one on Harbor
- Security Screening to be setup BEFORE boarding shuttle buses
- Restrooms will be built for this location
At Disneyland and Walt Disney World
- WHEN: May 1, 2019
- MAX SIZE: 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long
- RESTRICTIONS: Stroller Wagons will no longer be permitted at any size.
- DOUBLE-SIZE: Disneyland will soon make available for rent double strollers similar to Walt Disney World which already offers this option.
- WHEN: May 1, 2019
- WHAT: NO smoking areas will be available in Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney. Guests must exit these areas to smoke a cigarette.
- WHEN: Effective immediately
- WHAT: Loose ice and dry ice no longer allowed in coolers, personal items. Ice Packs are still allowed. Additionally, loose ice is still available on property in water cups from any restaurant location.
See it for Yourself
To get the scoope on ALL rules for both parks (keep in mind they vary between coasts) then visit DisneyWorld.com/Rules and Disneyland.com/Rules.