PICS: Disney Califorina Adventure assembled a selection of hero-themed eats for the SUMMER OF HEROES
Doughnuts (a rotating menu offered until 11 a.m.)
- Gamma-Sized Doughnut – Filled with blackberry and black currant
- The All-American Doughnut – Filled with apple and streusel topping
- Spider Bite – A cinnamon-spiced doughnut
- Local Favorite – A maple-bacon filled doughnut with maple cream
- Rocket Fuel (mocha)
- Mango Mayhem
- Strawberry Banana Breakout
- Infinity-Ade (lavender lemonade) with a glow cube
- Friendly Neighborhood Macaron – A vanilla ice cream-filled macaron
Bifrosties (shave ice)
- Spinal Fluid – Banana, mango coulis and chili-lime spice
- Spider Venom – Blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk
- Smash Ice – Lime and grape
- Whistle Blue – Lime, blue raspberry and blue sugar
- I am Shave Ice – Root beer and vanilla
- Ice Reactor – Strawberry and banana
- Option to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to any shave ice
- Be Brave, Be Blue (UV Blue Raspberry Bombsicle)
- Singulari-Tea (Rum Island Ice Tea)
- Lemon Lightning (Titan IPA and lemonade)
- Blasted Lemonades (Vodka with choice of lemonade)
- Krylorian Koolers – Non-alcoholic strawberry or watermelon lemonade
- Assorted Coca-Cola® beverages
Jalapeño-Cheese Groot-Shaped Bread
Studio Catering Co.
- Super Hero Sized Sub – Peppered salami, Capocollo, Mortadela, Provolone Cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini and pickled onion on a hoagie roll, topped with red wine vinaigrette*
- Promising Future Falafel Pita – Chickpea fritters with pickled red cabbage, yellow bell peppers and charmoula sauce*
- Savory Strength Falafel Pita – Chickpea Fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce*
- The Milano – Fanta® orange freeze with blue cream
- Cherry Necroblaster – Cherry Coca-Cola® Freeze
- Multiverse Parfait – Chocolate cake layered with white and dark chocolate mousse and cherry jelly, topped with chocolate ganache
- The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy – Barbacoa beef tacos with green onion slaw, purple cabbage, pickled onions, habanero salsa and green tortillas (vegetarian version also available)
- Obviously Nachos – Fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Space Outpost Tacos – Chicken street tacos with chopped cilantro and onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Hot Flare Margarita (jalapeño)
- Solar Flare Margarita (watermelon)
- Sourdough Groot-Shaped Bread
- Groot Sipper – Available at Award Wieners, Studio Catering Co., Smokejumpers Grill and “a bug’s land” cart
- Spider Man Straw – Available at Award Wieners, Bifrosties and Studio Catering Co.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission – BREAKOUT! Popcorn Bucket
More in Store!
SUMMER OF HEROES launched a few year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited timethe following is also available:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
See it for Yourself!
The Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! launches as part of the SUMMER OF HEROES which takes over Disney California Adventure from May 27 – September 10, 2017.