The new Star Wars themed land at Disney Hollywood Studios won’t be ready for a few more years but the popularity for the attraction is at a fever pitch. So to help bring a Galaxy far, far away much much closer, Disney is introducing a slew of new entertainment to fill in the gap. What’s in store? There’s a phased approach…
Coming April 4
First up is Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, a new live stage show featuring Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul. The show will take place multiple times each day at the Center Stage area near The Great Movie Ride.
There will also be the Stormtroopers march at various times each day featuring Captain Phasma and a squad of First Order stormtroopers as they march in formation from Star Wars Launch Bay to the Center Stage area.
Coming this summer
Perhaps the most exciting is the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, a new fireworks and projection show that utilizes projections, lasers and more during a memorable fireworks extravaganza at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
But wait,t here’s more!
Other recent additions that have attracted legions of fans since their December debut include:
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic reel celebrating the Star Wars
- The enhanced Star Tours – The Adventures Continue that includes new characters and a new journey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The reimagined Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, featuring new characters, including the Seventh Sister from the Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels.
- The “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular,’’ a nightly fireworks show set toStar Wars-themed music that will be reimagined as Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular this summer.
- First Order stormtrooper patrols.
- Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings.