With the opening of Pixar Pier just around the corner, Disney is teasing more and more info about what we can expect in the re-imagined land including details about the new INCREDICOASTER!
Guests will step right into the world of “The Incredibles” as they discover they’ve been invited to the inaugural launch of the new Incredicoaster. In gratitude for their heroic efforts and incredible deeds, the citizens of Municiberg are dedicating their beloved roller coaster to the Incredibles. Of course the family of supers are attending – Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Violet, Dash and Jack- Jack – along with Edna Mode (exclusive super suit designer to the Incredibles).
With Edna and Jack-Jack being too short to ride the Incredicoaster, they have to wait for the rest of the Incredibles inside the VIP inauguration lounge. Things go awry, however, when the unpredictable Jack-Jack vanishes from Edna’s not-so-watchful eye. As a polymorph with a wild variety of powers, Jack-Jack creates chaos along the track while his Incredible family sprints into action to save the day.
Straight away, Dash sprints into action in an attempt to catch Jack-Jack, launching guests on the adventure with him. As the coaster zooms through the first tunnel, Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash uses his super speed to avoid being hit..
During the climb into the second tunnel, guests find that Elastigirl has jumped in to assist. Stretching herself flat against the tunnel walls, she reaches out with both arms in an attempt to grab her baby boy. Then the aroma of chocolate chip cookies wafts through the tunnel and, as the coaster plunges downward, guests see that Mr. Incredible has punched through the side of the tube holding a cookie to lure Jack-Jack out of another dimension.
In the third tunnel, guests find Jack-Jack joyfully aflame. Violet jumps in to save the Incredicoaster riders by shooting her purple force field up the tunnel, shielding guests from the raging fire. As the coaster zooms safely out of the tunnel, it sprints over a series of humps, and guests see a cluster of Jack-Jacks in mid-air, giggling and multiplying.
As riders circle through the final helix, they hear the voice of Edna Mode telling the family that Jack-Jack has returned to her, safe and sound. As the track straightens out, riders return to a chaotic and messy VIP lounge with one last surprise that guests are sure to enjoy.
Incredicoaster Fun Facts
- The Incredicoaster is super-fast – the fastest attraction at the Disneyland Resort.
- The Incredicoaster zooms across more than 6,000 feet of track – almost 1 1/8 miles – making it the longest coaster at the Disneyland Resort.
- As their vehicles prepare to launch, guests on the Incredicoaster experience a water effect. It’s the speedy Dash running across the water, setting up the storyline of the race to catch his little brother, Jack-Jack.
- Incredible, a.k.a. Elastigirl, appears in the second tube of the Incredicoaster, stretching herself 53 feet from head to toe as she tries to grab baby Jack-Jack.
- It took eight people to haul the Mr. Incredible figure up the coaster track to his final position on the Incredicoaster, in the second tube.
- The super elusive baby Jack-Jack appears 19 times throughout the attraction.
- Music for the Incredicoaster was created by Academy Award-winning composer Michael Giacchino, who also scored the music for “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2” films. He also wrote original music, inspired by “The Incredibles,” for the queue area of the Incredicoaster.
- Artist Teddy Newton worked with Walt Disney Imagineers to create a mural for the Incredicoaster load area, the artwork on a wall of Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums kiosk, and the arch at the entry of Incredibles Park, one of four neighborhoods in Pixar Pier. These designs feature a bold, abstract, hyper-colored style to contrast with the monotones of the mid-century modern architecture in the rest of the neighborhood. Newton was a character designer on “The Incredibles”.
See it for Yourself
Pixar Pier opens at Disney California Adventure park June 23, 2018.
MORE INFO: See more news and info about Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure